In developing the DesignUntapped Manifesto, the credo of what I and my fledgling blog stand for.
Firstly lets understand what a Manifesto is, hint, its not the bad guy who can control metal in X Men:apocalypse (I believe that is Curvy Helmet Mental Bendy Man, but i may stand corrected).
A manifesto is a tool to communicate vision and values. Traditionally in the corporate environment it is used as a methodology to show that a companies underlying principles contribute to the way it conducts its day to day interactions with clients, customers and staff.
Due to my corporate background, this is how i am going to approach my manifesto. By asking myself:
- What are my Values?
- What is my Vision?
- Who are my Readers or Customers?
Do you know your answers to the above question? Let me know in the comments below.
The DesignUntapped Manifesto.
Dream Big - DesignUntappeds only constraints are the ones I make myself. Continue to dream, to reach for the next stage and to aim for the unattainable. There is no shame in failure, however failing to try would certainly be a shame.
- Learn More - There is an abundance of information in the world. DesignUntapped must devour and digest this information to learn, learn, learn.
- Be Original - Develop DesignUntappeds original voice. It's own brand and entity.
- Be Consistent - Strive for consistency. Produce top content, products, relationship and advice and do it again, and again, and again.
- Maintain Integrity - Don't Steal, Don't Sabotage, Don't Block others. Maintain DesignUntappeds integrity at all times.
- Credit and Share - Become part of the community. Credit those that help, entertain and provide. Share and share alike.
- Demonstrate Value - Identify problems, develop solutions and deliver recommendations. Constantly challenge DesignUntapped to provide free value.
- Build and Grow - Small steps develop to something great. Find the next steps to grow DesignUntapped. Build personal relationships and grow friendships.
- Review and Evolve - What worked? What failed, learn the lessons, review the data, use it to adapt and evolve.
There it is, DesignUntappeds core values. How did I do? Do your values align with DesignUntapped. If so, get in touch, lets connect.
Why the manifesto?
I've currently signed up for Jeff Goins Blog Like a Pro (BLP) 7 day challenge. An initiative and challenge started on GoinWriting designed for beginner bloggers to challenge their productivity, principles, writing style and to define their goals and aspirations.
Its also an example of a fantastic piece of internet marketing by Jeff Goin. Instantly promoting his own entity and providing value to the blogging community. This initiative is truly the forward, outside of the square, thinking that a new blogger needs to develop in order to continue to grow into the field. Kudos Mr Goin, kudos indeed.
Love N Stuff,
Andy @ DesignUntapped